Self-trust is born the day you stop asking broken people to make sense.

I used to need answers.

Not because I was weak—
but because I was still trying to make sense of something that was never meant to make sense.

I thought if I understood why, I could finally be free.
If I got the truth, the apology, the explanation—
I could close the door.

Here’s what I learned the hard way:

Never try to understand an unhealthy mind
when your healthy one is what it feeds on.

People who create chaos do not provide clarity.
They provide distortion.
They drain, deflect, and dismantle—then watch you exhaust yourself trying to reason with it.

So I stopped asking.

Not gently.
Not ceremoniously.

I stopped because I woke up.

I outgrew the version of me that needed answers because she was still negotiating with damage.
Still trying to extract logic from dysfunction.
Still believing closure would come from the same place the harm originated.

That version of me no longer exists.

I don’t need explanations.
I don’t need validation.
I don’t need anyone to confirm what my body already knew.

Needing answers kept me tethered.
Trusting myself cut the cord.

This isn’t avoidance.
It isn’t forgiveness.
It isn’t peacekeeping.

It’s authority.

Some chapters don’t end with understanding.
They end when you decide you’re done bleeding for information.

I didn’t lose answers.
I lost tolerance.

And that’s when I became untethered.

Untethered Warrior

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change Your Perspective and Everything Changes

What She Really Wants

Dating Post Divorce in the Decade of Choosing Single