When Trauma Loses Its Hold
When Trauma Loses Its Stronghold
I’ve spent years telling my story.
Trying to understand what was mine to carry, what was theirs to own, and what should never have happened at all.
That kind of living keeps you trapped.
Not in the trauma — in the analysis of it.
There is a moment when you’re done.
Done retelling.
Done rehashing.
Done feeding the same memories your peace.
This is that moment for me.
The point of no return.
I’m no longer interested in dragging my pain behind me like proof of what I survived.
I didn’t heal to stay tethered to the wreckage.
Life is brutally short.
And if suffering doesn’t turn into purpose, it just rots inside you.
So I’m choosing something harder than anger.
Something braver than bitterness.
Presence.
Humanity.
Action.
Not grand gestures. Small ones.
Hold the door.
Look someone in the eye.
Offer kindness without needing a reason.
Pet the dog. Smile anyway.
These are quiet rebellions in a world addicted to fear and cruelty.
This is what being an Untethered Warrior looks like.
Not loud.
Not explained.
Just unavailable to the past and fully alive in the now.
Comments
Post a Comment