Your Story, Your Writing
Your story is yours to write.
Rise now. Choose your direction.
So… how do we become untethered?
Let’s stop pretending this is simple. It isn’t.
It isn’t easy to become untethered when you’re living in the shadow of self-doubt someone else created. When you didn’t wake up one day unsure of yourself — you were trained to be. Slowly. Quietly. Over time.
It isn’t easy when you’ve spent years questioning yourself through someone else’s version of you. A version you never wanted to be. A version that never felt right in your body, but became familiar enough that you learned to live inside it.
This work is hard as hell. I’m not here to lie or make it sound graceful.
Becoming untethered doesn’t start with confidence. It starts with exhaustion. It starts the day you realize you don’t want to lie down in the hole someone else dug for you anymore. When staying down stops feeling like survival and starts feeling like giving up your life.
You get one life. One.
And something in you finally says, I can’t do this anymore.
Maybe you were once the person you were meant to be. Maybe you lost her along the way. Maybe you became someone you barely recognize just to survive.
That happened to me.
I lost the version of myself I was — the one who trusted easily, who believed words over instincts, who thought endurance meant strength. I lost her trying to hold everything together. But I decided that losing her didn’t mean I had to stay on the ground.
The fight wasn’t over just because I was tired. And I was very tired.
Untethering isn’t one brave moment. It’s choosing yourself again and again when it would be easier to disappear. It’s getting up when no one is cheering. It’s speaking even when your voice shakes. It’s trusting your body again after it was taught not to.
Some days you do it well. Some days you barely do it at all. Both count.
There will always be people who try to block your rise. People who are uncomfortable when you stop shrinking. People who benefited from you doubting yourself.
You have to decide they don’t matter.
Not in an angry way. In a clear way.
They don’t belong in the new story you’re writing. They don’t get a voice in who you become next. They don’t get to come with you just because they’re familiar.
You matter. Your voice matters.
You don’t rise to prove anything to anyone else. You rise because your life is yours. Because staying quiet was costing you too much.
So rise. Quietly if you need to. Messily. Imperfectly. Without permission.
Don’t say you can’t. Say you’ll try.
Trying becomes strength. Strength becomes momentum. Momentum becomes becoming.
And one day you’ll look back and see it clearly:
The people who tried to keep you down didn’t win. They were never the authors of your life.
Your story is yours to write.
Now is the time to rise and choose your direction.
— Untethered Warrior
Comments
Post a Comment